Monday, May 2, 2011

Gracie turns 11 months

Gracie is already 11 months old...turning 1 in a few short days... She is growing so fast. She is so close to walking...She can take a few steps by herself but then gets scared and sits down. She climbs the stairs any chance she gets. She can say mama and dada....and repeat sounds.

Main highlights of this month include her first Easter, her first really bad injury, and her first tumble down the stairs.....yeah the bad injury is not the tumble down the stairs! Her right index finger was crushed and split open. Big sister accidentally slammed the door on her finger and it was horrible. Blood everywhere! I debated on whether I should take her to urgent care and decided at the time that it was ok....but looking back now.....I think I should have taken her. It looks like it could have needed stitches. I have worried about it for over 2 weeks and I think if I had taken her to the doctor that day....I would have saved myself from all that worrying.....instead I saved 100 dollars from not going to the urgent care.....now that I look back...I would gladly pay! Her finger does look better but is still black and blue and swollen. Her nail looks like it could fall off. Yeah I know! Horrible!

While I was busy dying Easter eggs with the older kids, Gracie crawled to the stairs, climbed the stairs, and then fell down the stairs. I heard a boom, boom pow.....AAAHHHH! boom boom..AAAAH! I ran to her rescue...she was scared mostly....thank God she was not hurt! I swear, this child will be lucky to survive her first year! During her first year she has also fallen off the changing table and the bed! Poor thing...I hope she can add and subtract when she gets older! Thank goodness all areas were carpeted.



loving her bottle....




looking outside watching Jacob and Allie play...



playing with her friend Michael



Easter dress




climbing stairs...


No comments:

Post a Comment