Thursday, August 25, 2011

First day of school

....well actually these pics were taken on the second day of school. I missed the first day because I had to work. I hate missing milestones like these! Anyway, we pretended that this was our first day. Allie wanted to pick out her own clothes. After arguing...I mean discussing what matches and what does not.....I decided to just give up and let her pick out whatever she wanted. At least she brushed her hair and brushed her teeth. That in itself is an accomplishment! She has on her new pretty converse shoes that she picked out at Target. Love that store. I swear they look too big on her. She says they fit fine. But she kind of reminded me of Ronald McDonald. But, she is still beautiful no matter what.


Allie with her friends, Makayla and Cheyenne


It took several times to wake up Jacob. He didn't go to bed until late last night......like almost 11 pm! I tried to get him to bed earlier starting at 9 but he just couldn't/wouldn't fall asleep. It will take some time to get him back into a routine. Yeah ,he is holding a check for lunch money. Man, lunch prices went up this year. I am still figuring out how I am going to pay for school fees! I guess I better pick up some extra hours at work! I am happy to announce that our school district is in the "Excellent with distinction" rating. Which I am surprised about because we can't pass a school levy around here. I am content to know that the kids are getting a good education. The school district I graduated from is on academic watch. Ouch! Makes a lot of sense if you think about it! ha ha....

I was so not ready for school to start. I loved having all the kids home...and waking up whenever we wanted ...no schedule to follow....but now that it has started....It sure is quiet around here...I mean...... I realize that maybe it will be good for us to get into more of a routine. I am not looking forward to homework....the deadly trio (Jacob, Mommy, and Homework) aahhh! But, I am looking forward to a wonderful new year.




Jacob





2 comments:

  1. Who matched that girl's clothes?!?! LOL And yeah, her shoes do look too big but she's still cute.

    And if you think school fees for two are bad, try 4! With one in band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not looking forward to that day when Deaglan and Naveen have homework either! I know what you mean about kind of nice not to have to be on a schedule. I've been off this week - Deaglan starts school tomorrow because they're working the junior kindergarteners in and it's been nice to to sleep in a little. Hope your Dad is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete