I had an awesome 4 nights and 5 days off! Off from work, off from everyday life, off from wifely duties, off from mom duties.....IT WAS GREAT!
It started at 3am when I left the house to get to the airport. My mom and sister picked me up so I didn't have to wake the kids so early. It was really nice to spend time with those two ... even at 3 am....
I flew to Chicago then to Miami. I met my BFF, Laura there at the Miami airport. It was pretty funny trying to find each other there. The airport was huge and of course....our airline terminals were at opposite ends!
We took a taxi to our hotel which let us check in early at noon! Score! then we ate lunch and laid on the beach! The beach was soooo wonderful. I fell asleep under the sun....it was truly amazing. I can't remember the last time that happened. I am usually chasing after children or something. After that fabulous day on the beach we got dressed up and went to a fancy restaurant called "The Forge". It was really nice...great atmosphere and the food was good too.
Next day we had a yummy breakfast at the hotel, laid on the beach again....then boarded the ship around 2 pm. No one told me that when you go on the cruise, you have to attend a very annoying emergency instructional. Well, I think I would have been okay....but it was hot and we were the first ones there.....waiting for people for 45 minutes! Okay...I am a being a brat for complaining!
Anyway, first night on the ship was good. We had dinner, walked around the ship, and went to a dance party. It was pretty funny watching people dance.
Next day, we went to the island, Cococay. The island is owned by Royal Caribbean. We rented these floating mats and floated on the ocean for hours. We had Cocoloco's on the beach and read our books and just relaxed. Late afternoon, we went back to the ship and got ready for dinner. Before dinner we had "drinks" and I had some shots....then I puked in a trashcan before dinner. It was pretty funny. I asked Laura if anyone saw me....she says.....well what do you think? Ha! Ha! After dinner we relaxed in our cabin, took a nap...then went to the nightly dance party. It was again fun to watch people dance......I actually joined in on the dancing this time.
Third day of the cruise we docked in Nassau. We laid on the beach again. I don't think that I could ever get tired of laying on a beach! We swam in the ocean.... it was paradise! We then went back to the ship for lunch, then off the ship for shopping, then back on the ship for dinner. Dinner every night was delicious. That night we attended all of the ships activities. I think I laughed for 4 hours straight. They had karaoke.....if you can just imagine a cute lady singing "Like a Virgin"... BADLY ....you can see how much fun we had. We also attended a comedy show and 2 "game show " like activities. The ship really knows how to entertain.
Last day, we got off the boat and had to say goodbye! Goodbye to our vacation, goodbye to each other. It was also Laura's birthday. It was bittersweet. I wanted to stay longer...but I knew I had sweet little babies at home missing me....and I missed them too.
I hung out at the airports most of the day. The highlight of waiting was eating Garretts popcorn in Chicago ...the Chicago style mix is delish....caramel and cheese mixed. It is so good. If you have never had Garretts popcorn you are missing out!
I flew in to town around 7 40 pm and spotted my peeps right away. They were waiting for me inside.....I came up behind Jacob and gave him a kiss. Gracie wasn't too sure about me. Maddie hugged my right away....and so did Allie. I picked Gracie up and she just hugged me all the way to the car. I swear.....4 nights away and they all grew like weeds! While I was gone, Allie scored her first goal! Maddie learned the phrase "Oh my gosh!" and Jacob...well he just grew like crazy.
It was a great break.....so happy I was able to take time out of my life for some "me" time...and for some time with my friend.....we have been friends since we were 11 years old.....we are now 32 ....well she is 33! Since we graduated high school, I think this is the most time I have had with her and it was really special to me! I missed her more than I knew! I wish her twin sister...my other BFF would have been able to go too....but she had mom duties....her baby is not quite a year old....but we will do this again! and hopefully, she will be able to go too!
Pics to come soon....
You lucky girl! Sound like you had a heavenly time. I'm so happy for you :) Everyone needs an energy boost from a good vacation with friends :) And what a gorgeous place to be!
ReplyDelete