Thursday, December 29, 2011

Resolutions

Am I already talking about resolutions?  YES. 

2011 has been a challenging year for me.  I am so glad to see it go.  I cannot wait to start fresh and new.  There is always that magical feeling on January first that makes you feel like you can just start over.   This year January first is on a Sunday...New year and new week too!  That is a sign.   A sign for me to start again with Weight Watchers.  For years I have been off and on trying to do it on my own.  I don't think I have actually been to a meeting since Allie was one years old.  I know that I can be successful with joining.....because I will be held accountable weighing in front of someone every week.  So, I have decided that even if I think I can't afford to go every week, that I will join.  I have to do something.  I am at the highest weight I have ever been.  It does not feel good.  I feel heavy.  I feel tired all the time.  I feel depressed.  I feel weak.  I feel bloated.  I feel bad.  I don't want to feel like that anymore. 

My second resolution is to save money and pay off bills.   The bills just keep adding up more and more.  Life with 4 kids is not cheap.   Just a trip to Subway for dinner today cost me $33. Ervin and I have already splurged for a trip to Cancun this coming March 2012......and I think that will be my only splurge for the year.  We probably shouldn't have even planned this trip because we cannot afford it.  But, I figured it was an investment in our marriage.   A time we need to reconnect.   We never really had a honeymoon.   Anyway, I definitely want to pay off some bills and commit to saving money in all aspects of my life.  Gotta stop using credit cards,  use coupons, shop thrift stores.  I am almost to the point of cutting our cable.   Our fridge died on us this week so I just bought a brand new one (after spending $140 to repair it ourselves) from Best Buy.  They had 18 months sames as cash.  So there is an additional expense.  I swear.....that fridge was only 8 years old.  I guess they only make fridges to last 10 years.   If that is the case...this one better last 12.  

Ervin just called me to tell me he won a trip to the Bahamas.  I am quite skeptical of it all.  The guy on the phone is like...Hello?  You guys just won!  You don't sound excited enough.  Sound like a scam to me.   Guess I will find out sooner or later! 

Good luck to all of you and your new years resolutions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment