Saturday, March 10, 2012

What? I actually enjoy running?????

That is something that I never thought I would say....or think.... or do....or be.....a runner???  Well, I am almost done with the Couch to 5K program.   I am really enjoying how running makes me feel after I am done.  I feel strong!  I feel really good about myself when I am done.   So, I have decided to keep doing it!  I have decided to sign up for  a half marathon!  It is not until September so I have plenty of time to keep training and practicing.  I am planning on a 5K in May to start.    I am really excited! 

Yesterday I went on a 3.81 mi run outside.     It took me 45 minutes with a 11:59 pace.  I burned over 500 calories.   I think this running has really accelerated my weight loss too!    I lost 3.6 pounds this week for a total of 18.4 pounds!!!  YAY!!! 

I am really enjoying the running apps you can download.  I got me a brand new iphone a few weeks ago and I am in love!  I am using the imapymyrun app.  It tells me all of my stats and maps out every step.  I also just downloaded runkeeper.  I am going to try that out this week sometime. 

Have a great week everyone!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wendy - that is so awesome! It seems like you did that fast! I just ran 3 miles without walking for the first time last week and it took me 2 months!!! hahaha I probably should have done the couch to 5K program - i probably would have done it faster! Good job and keep it up! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful!!!!! You are doing terrific :) I'm so glad that you're enjoying the running too. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete