Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wow, its been a while!

 
 
I cant believe how fast time is flying by.  When I first started this blog Maddie was just a few months old.  Now she is 4!  
 
 
 


Posing in the snow!



 
Relief from the snow for mom and dad!
 
 
 
 
Not much happening here.  Just trying to keep up with four kids and working overtime!  I've been working overtime for several months, maybe since last July to keep up with bills and help pay for vacation!  We did use all of our tax return to fund Cancun and Disney, but need extra spending money and for normal daily life.  Feeding a family of 6 is quite expensive, especially if you try to eat healthy! 
 
 
Some are wondering how I am able to afford all these vacations.  Well, like I said we used our whole tax return to fund both.  And I have been working overtime for several months to make up for not having that extra money to fall back on.  There is definitely a sacrifice for these vacations too.  Like I don't get my hair done but once or twice a year.  I only buy clothes for me if they are less than $10, if I buy clothes.....I use generic everything. The girls get hand me downs from big sis.  My son wears hand me downs from my nephew.    I buy the cheapest of whatever I am getting.   I only buy if its on sale.  I don't go to Starbucks for coffee everyday.   I use cold water to wash clothes.  We keep our thermostat low.   Keep lights off.   We sacrifice on entertainment.   Those are just a few examples! 
 
But its all worth it to look forward a little paradise...a little magic.  Ervin and I benefit tremendously from our couples trip together.  Our marriage seems stronger every time we go away.  I highly recommend married couples to get away once in awhile. 
 
I cannot wait to go to Disney world.  Its the first time for all of us and I am so EXCITED!!!!
 
Hopefully, I will be back here sooner than later!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment