Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nine Years

That's how long I've been married. Nine years ago today we tied the knot. Nine years of wedded bliss! We had a traditional Catholic hour long wedding in a HOT church in July! We then had a huge reception with around 300 guests! It was an event to remember. We didn't leave until midnight! It was so much fun. I was only 21 years old and Erv was 23. What I didn't understand about marriage at that young ripe age was how hard marriage is! Man is it hard! We dated for 2 years............and thought we were ready. I wouldn't change anything now.....but I do wonder what would have happened if we waited a little bit longer....until we were more mature. Our marriage today is a day to day struggle. We are working hard at keeping it together. Some days are better than others. Some days are just maddening! We still have lots to learn. I know that we both have changed since then and we are very different people now and that we continue to change.

Here are a couple of pics of us on that special day!



We look so happy! Today we plan to play golf....we have a tee time at noon...( I'm not very good at golf ) then I plan on taking him to The Melting Pot.....it is a fondue restaurant. I've been wanting to try it but it is so expensive! So today would be a good splurge day! I didn't really get Erv anything......I woke up to a new wireless printer and a pair of cute gold hoop earrings. Boy was I surprised! I don't remember the last time I got jewelry!
Here's to a wonderful day! A day to remember why we said " I do".

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride and handsome groom :) Those are terrific presents too! Enjoy every minute of today. I wish you both years and years of health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an achievment to have already been married for almost a decade and you're so young. Congratulations! I agree with you about how difficult relationships are! It is constant work for sure.

    These wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous! You are a total babe plus a mom to three awesome kids plus a nurse. Ervin should count his lucky stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 9 years.
    The Melting Pot! Yum, could be very dangerous, but definately delish.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your anniversary! Our 15th is coming up. (Remember to save the date 8/7. Ervin has to come too!!)

    We were 20 and 22 when we got married so I totally know what you mean. I think young marriage is harder thanmost marriages. You grow up during the marriage and not necessarily into the same people you were when you got married.

    Have fun and enjoy the melting pot! I need to try that sometime.

    Btw, love Maddie's piggy tails. And yay for the little crawler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary and have a great time tonight! You made such a GORGEOUS bride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary. I remember going to the Melting Pot. It's lots of fun--have a great time.

    ReplyDelete