Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation recap

We had a blast in Virginia! The only bump in the road was a speeding ticket given to my husband. BOO! I guess he deserved it though. I had been nagging him to slow down.....and he didn't listen.....and that is all I have to say about that. : )

Here are a few pics:


This is on the way home, pretty mountains in the background

Allie caught her first fish ever!


a Virginia sunset


Allie getting her feet wet


Jacob with his cousins

Erv and Allie at the pier


Maddie


Jacob is a little excited! Big Cousin Ryan is getting ready to drop the crab pot down

Walking around the Virginia strip
It was a great vacation. Just not long enough! We left Monday morning and didn't get there until midnight. We had 3 whole days there and then left Friday morning. I wish it was just a tad longer! However, I think I would be a lot heavier if we did that! Vacation gain is no fun. I gained 4.2 pounds. I deserved it! It is a slap in the face that I need to get back on track. Today has been a totally wonderful day. Feeling no guilt for one day really feels good!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that today was a wonderful day for you! I'm very happy that you had such a terrific vacation. I would like to visit Virginia Beach someday. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll had alot of fun. I need a vacation!

    Vacation weight gains are free, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Virginia. Sounds awesome (and exotic to me:). It's good to know that you let yourself feel guilt free once in a while! Great pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete