Monday, September 21, 2009

Torn

I am torn in this world of fat. I hate being fat....but I hate not being able to eat whatever the HECK I want! I hate what I look like in the mirror...but I hate not being able to put mayonnaise on my sandwich, or eat a Big Mac and french fries, or eat all the chips and salsa I want. I hate the way my clothes fit, but I also hate that I have to exercise! I hate the way my belly hangs over....but I hate sit ups and running.....I hate dieting!

I do so well in the beginning months..........and then it falls to pieces because I feel deprived. I am so sick of this yo-yo in my life. I was reading back on some of my journals years and years ago...and you know what it says? Every year my goal is to lose weight....Every year I am still about the same weight.....I just can't stand it! I am so sick of it! Why am I not ready to get rid of it all? Sometimes I wish I could just have liposuction and an abdominoplasty......that would fix me...: )

I need to pick a day to get back on track..........hopefully it will be soon. I need to get out of this funk.

6 comments:

  1. I feel you. I get the same way. I've totally been teetering at the same weight for months now. I eat relatively well most of the time, but I don't work out. It's time for a change over here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have an easier time if you learn to find a better way of eating that you can stick with, and find some exercise you love. If you hate it, you won't do it. Willpower will only work for so long, and that's not very long at all. That's what people mean when they say lifestyle change. That may work, diets never do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I know it must be frustrating. I wonder if Julie is right about finding the perfect exercise for you. I'm clueless about what's out there. With your dedication, I know you'll get it done one way or the other. Wish I could be more help. Hugs, hugs, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all this is Wendy, a funk. I think we all go through it and to be honest, I can't remember a year since I turned 18 that I didn't want to lose weight or imagine how great my life would be if I just lost some weight. But life wouldn't be that much better. Because it would be something else. I think you just need to be easier on yourself and make small changes when you can.

    Recently I watched an episode of Dr OZ and then told Shaune that we are cutting out fast food. This is hard for us because on weekends we usually eat at McDonald's at least once a week. But I told him that we need to be each other's strength. If I suggest McD's he is to say no even though he would want it and vice versa. It's only been one week.

    Be easy on yourself. Cut out tiny things and be happy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling ya, girl. I keep trying to tell myself "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", but sometimes, it does taste as good, or even better. :op We'll get there. Lifestyle changes are so much harder when you have a family to buy for too. Not everyone is ready to dive into fruit and give up the chips, kwim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I totally relate to you on this! It's been a looooooong time since I have felt really good about myself. Like you, I was doing great earlier this year and then just fell off the wagon, the great thing is that I haven't binged in two months!

    I have to look at back and see what made me successful and that is to take it one day at a time. Don't think of what you need to do tomorrow, just think of what you need to do TODAY. That's what I've been working on! You and I can get through this!

    ReplyDelete