Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby Update

I had a doctor's appointment today which went well. I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time ever. Something about that first time is something special. It would have been more special if I hadn't been so focused on the baby next to me crying! I brought Maddie along with me and she was one big grouch! I was trying to calm her as the doctor was searching for heart tones.........when he found them and Maddie was quiet it was a great sound to hear. I then had my labs drawn and they already scheduled my ultrasound for late December. This pregnancy is moving right along. I was prescribed some zofran......(thank God) because the nausea is unreal...I am nauseated all day it seems......it does come and go....and some days are better than others.......but I am really sick of it....literally. It is mind boggling to me how I can puke 4-5 times a day..... have nausea all day.......and still gain weight! What is up with that? I guess that is just how I roll. I am up 3 pounds.....and my clothes know it too. I have no clothes that really fit me. When I see my body in the mirror....it looks like one saggy stretch mark! GROSS! But I am dead serious......maybe I should say.....saggy and full of stretch marks. My whole body has stretch marks on it.....(sigh).......... anyway...yes I am only 11 weeks......and yes....I am wearing maternity pants!

3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting to hear your baby's heartbeat! At least you know that with the nausea & weight gain there's a great gift that comes from out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to hear the heartbeat! I hope you feel better soon. Those kicks will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the hardest thing with my pregnancies is the way my body looked, so worth it but sometimes I secretly hate those little tiny pregnant moms with a big bump, lol.

    ReplyDelete