Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Week 19 baby update

I had my ultrasound yesterday which went "okay". Okay meaning I left feeling more nervous about my baby's health than relieved to know that he/she is doing great in there. The tech could not see all of the anatomical parts on the baby like the 4 chambers of the heart. I had an appointment afterwards and the Dr. said it was the baby's position that didn't allow her to get all of the measurements. He didn't seem worried but he did offer me a level 2 ultrasound in 4 weeks which I agreed to. So, now I am more worried than usual. I know that it is probably nothing but I just can't help but worry.....and I did stay strong in not finding out the sex of the baby....the tech said the legs were crossed anyway!

I also gained 8 pounds this month!!! WHAT!!! CRAZY!!! The doctor was like " so you know you had a big jump in the weight this time..." Me - " oh....ummmm....I don't think I have been eating more than usual...." (trying to defend myself) ... Doctor "It is okay....it is not your fault... it is probably water weight....you cannot control that....." LOL....I love my doctor! Now that I think about what I have been eating (cookies, candy, eating out more that 50% of the time) it is amazing I didn't gain more! In my defense....I did just get off work, I ate a big Bob Evans breakfast before my visit, I kept my shoes on this time because I was afraid my feet would stink after 14+ hours on my feet! At any rate it was an eye opener. I do need to watch what I put in my mouth....and I am going to start going to the gym now that I am starting to feel better. I do not want to gain 60 pounds during this pregnancy! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on staying strong. You have to do it for me! LOL There's no talking Bobby into another yet.

    I'm sure the US is just fine. I had issues with one of mine that were similar. Baby just wasn't in the right position to check out all of the facial features (septum, palate, etc). It was all good though.

    And 8 pounds in a month? I gained 7 pounds between weekly visits once. LOL Of course, I probably would have oozed water if you poked me with a pin. I can't believe you are almost half way through this pregnancy already. I'm so jealous of you pregnant folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure everything will be fine. The baby's position can make those ultrasounds tricky.

    Don't worry about the weight too much. I remember having those big weight spurt months too. I think water gain is a factor too.

    Wishing you continued health and happiness.

    How exciting that you're at the midpoint now!

    ReplyDelete