Friday, February 26, 2010

FAILED!

I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test. To pass you need to be at 140 and under.....mine was 152....so not too awfully high.....but high enough where I am going to have to take the 3 hour glucose test, which in my opinion is pure torture! The last time I had to take that test I felt so horrible......fasting........drinking that awful 100 gm of liquid orange sugar..... and then getting your blood drawn 5 times in 3 hours is not my idea of a fine time....and what else am I supposed to do for 3 hours at the doctors office! I just hope I pass.....I do not want to be a gestational diabetic! Although today I felt like a diabetic. All at once I was sweaty, shaky, and hungry! I had to get some food in me fast or I was going to pass out. Yeah, it was that bad. I was hypoglycemic! For breakfast I had pancakes......no protein.....it is Friday and like a (good) catholic should.....I didn't eat meat....well, I think that is what did it to me! During my hypoglycemic moment, all that went out the window and I had some left over chicken curry and rice from this new Indian place we tried. That hit the spot!

My 27 week appointment went well. I gained another 4 pounds this month.....(sigh) but other than that everything has been going well. My heartburn has progressively worsened.....but the pepcid helps. I am at the point where I go to the doctor every 2 weeks now. I cant believe that I will be in my third trimester next week. This pregnancy is going by fast!

4 comments:

  1. Awww Wendy I feel for you. I was told at my last appt to cut back on my sweets. I have my first glucose test in three weeks and am trying to smarten up. My sister had gestational with one of her kids and I don't want to go down the same road.

    Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he'll be here before you know it. ;op

    Good luck with that 3 hr test. I barely made it through the one hour. I was so nauseated and dizzy, and the heartburn it gave me was killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated taking the glucose test, it's awful having to swallow the yucky orange stuff. I'll be sending you positive thoughts that you pass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hated that glucose test. Good luck with the next test. I'll be thinking of you. Your pregnancy is moving along quickly!

    ReplyDelete