What exactly am I talking about? Well....I am talking about pregnancy! As a labor and delivery nurse I have no sympathy for the preggy lady that comes in and complains about how tired they are of being pregnant and how they are soooo uncomfortable and how they are soooooo ready to "get this f#cking baby out" right now! I don't really care how much "pressure" you're feeling in your vajayjay because you know what? I am feeling that pressure too and you know what, I am on my feet for 12 hours straight! I don't care that you are nauseated and vomiting....you are pregnant! You will have nausea and vomiting! I guess I should feel some compassion towards these women but it is really hard when you see and hear it day in and day out and you are living it. The other day we had a woman come in and complain of "chest pain". The doctors worked her up and everything came back negative.....but they decided to induce her. After she heard the words, "induce" her chest pain magically went away. She never complained of that pain again. So many women want to be induced and really it is not the best way to go. There are risks involved and I wish more women would be proactive in educating themselves about the risks of induction and risks of C/Sections. Women are scheduling C/Sections for "vaginal preservation". WTF? What about that big ass incision on your abdomen? or the risks of infection, hemorrhage, and injury to other organs just to name a few. If you need a C/S, that is one thing, but if you are scheduling one because it is "easier" that is another! Going into labor on your own is sooooo much easier! What I am trying to point out here is that pregnancy is not easy. Sometimes it is not fun. Sometimes it is uncomfortable. You got pregnant and you will be pregnant for 40 weeks. 40 weeks people. Not 37 weeks, not 38 weeks, 40 weeks!
This is my last pregnancy and I am enjoying every last minute of it. I am not saying that this pregnancy is easy. I am not saying that I am not uncomfortable because I am. I am saying that I am happy that I can carry a baby to full term, and that I am lucky too. I am lucky to even be pregnant. I am cherishing every minute of this pregnancy. Every kick, every nudge, every ache, every pain, every hiccup, every burn....I am loving it! I am so excited to see this new baby boy or girl. But, in the meantime.......I am loving the precious time this baby and I have to just ourselves. This pregnancy will come to an end. I am not going to be pregnant forever....... I am enjoying it, cherishing it, and loving it.
I only have about 9 more weeks to go. I cannot believe that!
You said it girl. I think you brought a tear to my eye and an ache to my womb. Don't tell my husband. :op
ReplyDeleteAnd you forgot to add that you are 4 times more likely to DIE from a Csection than a vaginal birth.
I can't believe how fast the time is going by in your pregnancy! So exciting. You have a wonderful attitude Wendy. There's a big part of me that misses those pregnancy days. Keep enjoying all these last weeks. Hugs!
ReplyDelete9 weeks so go! You are almost there! I hope you enjoy your last weeks of your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com