Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 2 (an almost disappointment)

So, I weighed myself on Monday and the scale said I didn't lose any weight. I was BUMMED. I had a pretty good week. I definitely had challenges. I attended two parties. For me party = food. I planned my strategy all week. I was going to save all of my extra points and I was going to increase my exercise time, and I was going to fill up on veggies and fruit at the party. I actually followed the plan pretty well. I might have gone over points at the party. I did have few glasses of wine. The next day we went to my nieces birthday party. I had a low point breakfast and lunch. But, there just wasn't enough points. I didn't even eat cake or ice cream. The scale said I actually gained a half of a pound. I was soooo totally upset. I had a great 5 days. Then I started that downward spiral in my head. I felt defeated. I felt like a failure and what is the point in all this anyway! I hate dieting!

I decided to get on the scale again this morning....and....I lost a pound. I think I must have been carrying around some extra water weight. Maybe from all the sodium from the last two days. Needless to say, I am counting that pound as my loss for this week and it made me realize that I am not going to give up. I know the scale is not going to make me happy every week, and I need to remember that. I also need to remember that this is not going to happen overnight. Life does happen.

This week is even going to be more challenging. Three parties this weekend! Eating, eating, drinking, and more eating is what is scheduled. A pj party with the girls involving chocolate and cheese fondue, a 40th birthday bash with a party van involved, and a welcome baby party is what is in store for me this weekend. I have already started planning. I have been exercising and saving points. Planning is key! I don't know if I will be able to count points on Friday and Saturday nights, but I will get right back into it. I will not give up!

Here is a pretty pic of my baby girl! She is going to be 8 months old in a few short days. I love you Gracie!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan to get through those tempting parties. That has to be tough. Gracie looks so cute!! I want that hat. I know I wouldn't look as good in it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing all the right things. I wonder if you should just count inches lost instead of getting on the scale. I've been trying to lose weight too but I find it sooooo depressing getting on the scale - I still do everyday but only first thing in the morning. It's so hard but you need to remember all the wonderful thing that body of yours has done including create and nurture those gorgeous kids of yours. And it's only been seven months since the baby. It takes a year to get back to normal - at least. You have a lot more willpower than me. If I'm even in the vicinity of cookies, cupcakes or cake, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete