Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gatlinburg

We decided to take a family trip to the mountains.....Stay in a cabin, relax in a jacuzzi tub, do some sightseeing. I wanted to just spend time with my hubby and kids and do something fun that we could all enjoy.

We all had a great time. The kids said it was the best vacation they have ever been on! (They also said that when we went to Chicago), but it truly was a really good time. We had some great bonding time and we were able to do fun activities. We were able to let go of the hustle and bustle at home and just enjoy ourselves, doing whatever we wanted to do.

During our stay in Gatlinburg we visited "The Upside Down House" as the kids kept referring to it.



Wonderworks was a really cool place. It's kind of like a science related amusement park (without rides). It had all kids of interesting and cool things for children to experience and learn.
















We also visited Cades Cove. If you are ever in Gatlinburg, this place is a must see. The trip to get there alone is beautiful, it's 24 miles of winding mountain road. You can't take your eyes off the scenery, my neck started to hurt because I couldn't stop looking out the window. Cades Cove is a historic settlement in the Great Smoky Mountains that can be toured. It is an 11 mile loop that you can drive or bicycle. It is very rich in history and has beautiful views. I would definitely go again.













We stopped by and took in the scenery of the Smokies. This place is so beautiful.






We also went to the Ripley's Aquarium. I was really impressed with how cool this aquarium was. The kids had a really good time, even Grace.













The rest of the time we just relaxed at "home" in the hot tub, played games, cooked, and enjoyed the scenery from our cabin.





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great vacation for your family! The kids looked so happy, smiling in the all the pics!! It makes me want to visit now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna google this place after I finish here. What a fun trip. That's the kind of thing I would enjoy. Love the hottub shot:)

    ReplyDelete