Monday, May 2, 2011

Jacob's First Communion

It was a happy day! I am so proud of my son. He has been preparing for this all year and it was a wonderful celebration. It brought tears to my eyes seeing him so big and taking the body of Christ. He decided that he didn't want to take the wine, and that was okay. This day brought me so much joy and it brought back memories of my own First Communion. I remember wearing a white dress and veil with bright red lipstick! I have no idea why my mom let me wear that , but she did. I wish I had a picture. Let's just say I won't be letting Allie carry on that tradition! Her first communion will be next year.















Jacob is wearing a "barong" which is a formal wear of the Philippines. It is worn on very special celebrations, such as this or a wedding. I think he looks very handsome!

1 comment:

  1. So handsome! I remember my first communion too but no red lipstick!

    ReplyDelete