Tuesday, June 30, 2009

what is weight watchers?

I am not doing so hot with this whole weight loss thing. The whole month of June was a bust. I don't know why I am in such a funk. Lately I just have been more tired and hungry all of the time and I want to eat everything in sight. I have been going to Taco Bell like crazy.....I have been there more this month than in the last 2 years! I feel like I am out of control. My goal this summer was to lose 20 pounds.....that is now out of the question. Then I thought........well maybe I should just try to maintain.....I am always either gaining or losing......never maintaining....WHY is that? I weighed myself when I woke up and saw that I was about the same weight. So that is good. But where did all of my excitement and will power go?

I was afraid of this phase in my weight loss journey.....this is the part where I lose 25 pounds.......I start feeling better.......I am actually looking better.....people comment on how great I look......I get more confident.......I feel happy...............and then I fall off the wagon! I start slacking on eating the right points......I start giving in to cravings........I start getting stressed out over food......and then I just stop the program all together. I have done this several times in the last few years. I don't want it to happen again! So TOMORROW!!!! I am starting a new week.......I am going to get back on track. I refuse to lose this battle! Wish me luck!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's a great attitude, Wendy! Some days I think about giving up and then, I think "for what"?? Do I really want to go back to where I was? No way. So, even though many days seem like I'm in quicksand, I just keep trudging through. I can't tell you how many times I have been off track during this weight loss journey. But, I always seem to dust off and keep trying. You can, too! Good luck with your new week! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Tomorrow is another day! You've had so much stress lately. Life happens and keep going forward. You've got the right attitude. I'm cheering for you all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I went back to work from mat leave - we get a full year here in Canada, I gained weight. It's just so hard for me with one baby, a job and home. I can't imagine how much tougher it is for you Wendy with such a stressful job, three kids and a husband and home. I think you are doing great. Don't be hard on yourself. Take care and so what about Taco Bell. Once you have a few good days of eating healthy you'll forget all about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you're going thru because I'm feel exactly the same way as you do. You get on a roll and then something happens in your life, and then you're back to square one.

    What is helping me get thru is just taking life a few moments at a time and not quitting. Just hang in there, we can do this together!

    ReplyDelete