Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Windy City....and weigh in!

We went on a mini vacation to Chicago! We just stayed for 2 days but had a great time. Jacob said "Mommy, this is the best vacation I have ever been on!" LOL, I thought that was really cute! I did weigh in before we left on Tuesday, I just didn't have time to blog it.....and it wasn't really exciting....I gained 3.4 lbs. I guess you could say I have re-hydrated myself! My throat is feeling so much better now...back to normal : )


Jacob and Allie enjoying their vacation

Navy Pier
On the trolley bus tour


Mmmm good, this place had some yummy eats, Chicago style pizza anyone?



On the Navy Pier


From the trolley bus
Downtown Chicago

Chicago style pizza, I only had one slice because it was so filling. It was delicious!!!


Me and the kids at Navy Pier
Allie and I rode on the Ferris wheel at Navy Pier, Jacob and Daddy were afraid of the heights. It was a little scary when we got to the top...it goes so slow..and sometimes I thought we weren't moving at all....

Me and the kids at the John Hancock Observatory....94 floors up.
This was just a block from the hotel so we went there instead of the Sears Tower.

The trip was a success. We all got along! We all made it back safe! and we all had a wonderful time! If you do plan a trip to Chicago make sure to bring the mula.....we dropped at least $700 on this 2 day trip.....that included gas. I didn't even buy anything on Michigan Avenue either! Too expensive! We did have to buy all of us some hoodies/jackets.....it was cold! Only in the 60's......we only brought shorts and short sleeves.......the hoodies were $35 each!!! Okay...I am done worrying about all the money we spent! We had a good time!!!!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip Wendy! Bryce's sister, Camille, lives in Chicago now and her and her family LOVE it! So much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the money! Sometimes we can't worry about the money we spent because it's the memories that we create with our children during the vacation that counts! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worrry about the money... it'll be fine. So glad you had a wonderful vacation.

    And that pizza! Holy smokes, it looked so super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such fun! Great photos! The kids look so happy. That pizza does look good. I would love to go to Chicago someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, that is some AWESOME looking pizza!

    Glad you had fun and are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I read the title my first thought was - expensive. My sister used to live just outside of Chicago and I remember how expensive it was to go out in Chicago. Looks like you had fun though and getting along is just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete