Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another one in the hospital

So, now my dad is in the hospital too! He had a colonoscopy last week and ever since he has had some really bad abdominal pains. He went to the ER today and they also admitted him. So, at this moment, both of my parents are in the hospital and my father in law is in the hospital.

My mom is stable, doing well. She is going to have an EGD done tomorrow to find out where the bleeding is coming from. She is being transfused with platelets before the procedure so that her risk of bleeding is decreased since her platelets are so low.

Ervin's dad is much better today. He is off the ventilator and is awake and alert. He may go home in a couple of days.

My dad is going to have more tests done tomorrow. The doctors don't know why he is having all that pain.

They are all at 3 different hospitals too. I feel like I have been in a hospital all day today!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the parents in the hospital. I hope they are all doing much better and are on their way home soon.

    Don't stress about cheating. We're all allowed a lapse. You have a good excuse. I was just lazy. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that all your parents are in the hospital. I pray that everyone feels better soon and you all can be together at home again. I can't imagine all that "hospital jumping".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear. I can't imagine what it's like for you, for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS! I am sorry to hear this. I hope that things get better for everyone.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I have been gone a long time! I am sooo sorry this is happening to your family. It's hard enough to have one parent, but I can't imagine having 2 parents and then a father in law.

    I'll be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I will be praying for your whole family. 3 hospitals too, so stressful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just terrible Wendy! I hope that by now everything and everyone is a little better. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everyone is home from the hospital now and they all are in pretty good condition. my mom is still bleeding internally and they are planning outpatient care for labs and blood transfusions. her blood count went down again this week. but she says she doesnt feel weak or dizzy so she is not symptomatic....so that is good! thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete