Thursday, April 30, 2009
Goodbye Pat
Pat was the first babysitter I ever trusted to leave my baby Jacob with. He was one year old. I had interviewed with her months earlier but decided to leave him with my aunt. After my aunt moved and no one else was available....which was very suddenly.....she took him in without question . After the birth of Allie, she watched her too. Allison was only 8 weeks old. My kids continued to go to Pat's for 4 1/2 years. Last summer was the last time they went to Pat's because of scheduling and school issues. I just found out today that Pat died. She was a dependable, strong, smart, crafty, wise woman. I am so sad to hear this news. I didn't realize how sick she was. I sent a card to her last week wishing her well and giving her updates on the kids. Little did I know that this would happen. I hope that she knew how grateful I was that we had her to depend on all those years. She really was a lifesaver. Pat, you will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry for the loss. Coincidentally, my son's very first baby sitter passed away as well, but she passed away years ago. She was very young.
ReplyDeleteIt's always hard to go to work when your a mom, but it helps to have a babysitter that loves your children. I'm glad that Pat was that type of babysitter for your children.
So sorry for this loss. Pat must have been such a loving, caring soul. It is such a gift to care and guide for children with genuine feeling and concern.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry for your loss. I am sure you consider it a gift to have such a special person in your life for a season. I am sure she will be missed.
ReplyDeleteThat breaks my heart. The people we trust to watch our kids become such an important part of our lives and to lose someone like that is hard. I am so sorry.
ReplyDelete