Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Soccer


Do you think her pink shorts match???

Jacob

Saturday was the first game of the season for both Jacob and Allie. It was a perfect day for soccer. I have to say, Jacob has come a long way from 4 seasons ago. The first season he played he would pick at the grass, play with the goal netting, just stand there, cry. He didn't even finish the season because he was just DONE. Last Saturday, I just have to gush.......Jacob scored his first goal ever!!! It was amazing! I am soo sooo sooooooo soooo proud of that kid. He was the only one that scored on his team too. He played hard! He is starting to come out of his shell. Jacob is a very shy kid when it comes to new people and new surroundings........I just found out that he barely talks at school and that his teacher thought he had a speech problem......she even had the speech therapist evaluate him......the eval came out normal. He is just shy! I couldn't believe my ears...at home he is so LOUD. Anyway, I am off subject now.... I am just so happy that Jacob scored, because I think it gave him some much needed confidence.

6 comments:

  1. I love the soccer picture of Jacob! I was laughing when you described his first days of soccer, we call that "picking daisies." That is exactly what my son used to do when he first played baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture with Allie is hilarious. She doesn't have soccer socks and the kid next to her has his shin guards on the outside of his socks instead of the inside! lol
    Ty was the same way last fall. I wasn't going to sign him up this fall - maybe I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like a sweetie! I'm looking forward to soccer for Deaglan. But then again maybe it'll be the same thing as my last post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jacob!!

    And yeah, the pink shorts are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just happy we all made it to the game on time....socks were not a priority! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for Jacob! That's wonderful. I love your daughter's pink shorts. She's making a great fashion statement. My 9 year old son is very shy in school. He has been evaluated by speech pathologists too. At home, he never stops talking. I think schools don't know how to handle shy kids too well. Not everyone is going to be very talkative in school. Why isn't that o.k.? I was kind of shy in school and I turned out to be able to function well in school and society. Sorry to go on and on. Hope you enjoy soccer season!

    ReplyDelete