Thursday, May 28, 2009

I did it!

I ran 3 miles! Can you believe it? 3 miles nonstop! Continuous! Without stopping! I am not going to lie....it was hard as hell. When I was finished I wanted to yell out loud to the whole gym that I ran 3 miles.....but I didn't. I contained myself...plus I was way too out of breath! It took me about 38 minutes and I stayed on the treadmill another 15 minutes to cool down. My heart rate was way up there! Running 3 miles has been a goal of mine for a few years. I never thought that I would be able to do it. I am so very proud of myself for not giving up. Gosh, if I can run 3 miles....then so can you!

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a huge accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go! You must feel amazing to have reached that long term goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Wendy!!!! All you need is another .1 and you've got a 5K under your belt! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Wendy Go!! That's terrific!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Way to go.
    I'll take your word for it. I don't think I can just cuz you did. :op

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is something to definitely be proud of. I've been thinking about taking running up again (don't get me wrong - I was never 'into' running - but have run before). There is this run to raise money for bringing clean water to the Sudan. It's the kind of cause I could really get excited about. But the running:(. I've been so out of shape since I went back to work from maternity leave. Maybe this will be the motivation I need. How'd you like the way I took your accomplishment and made it into my issue? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome!!!! What a HUGE accomplishment, one day I'll get there too! Thanks for motivating me!

    ReplyDelete