Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Glad I blog!

So, I was thinking about the scrapbook that I am making Maddie of her first year and birth and realized that I didn't have a part for her "firsts" and milestones.....and I thought...."oh my gosh, when did all of these things happen?!?!" Time just flies when you have 3 children! I then realized that I blogged most of these moments.....or at least I know how many months she was. In looking though past posts I found out that Maddie started rolling over at 4 months, sitting up at 6 months, and crawling at 8 1/2 months. I am so glad that I documented that somewhere!!!!

Today, Maddie is 10 months old and she is one busy bee! She loves to MOVE and play. I am so thankful that she is a healthy baby girl! She is FINALLY getting a tooth in. I can actually see it and feel it poking through her sore little gums. I was starting to think this baby was never getting teeth! I kind of knew that she was going to be a late teether because my other two were that way too.

She is trying to walk now. She will pull herself up and start cruising holding onto furniture or whatever moves. She loves it when you hold her hands and walk with her. She has no fear. I think she will be walking by the end of her 10th month. Jacob and Allie were also early walkers.....so not surprised! I really need to baby proof around here now.....the other day she bumped her face on the corner of our glass coffee table and now has a bruise. She took the fall like a man though.

She is also one big eater! She loves to eat and she loves to eat anything. This past month she was introduced to a ton of solid food. She now has the instinct to "chew" and "gum" her food. She loves yogurt, rice, chicken, beef, eggs, juice, bread.....really anything you put in front of her. She is now feeding herself little pieces of food and loves it. She also will drink out of her sippy cup now which is totally awesome! Yay for Maddie! She is still breastfeeding around 2-4 times a day. I don't have to pump while I am at work because I never get uncomfortable or engorged....and when I do pump not much comes out....: ( Hence, she does get supplemented with formula now which is soooo expensive! I wish I qualified for WIC!

My camera is with the hubby today so I will have to post some pics of her later!

Happy 10 months Maddie!

4 comments:

  1. That's terrific! I wish I had something like the blog for my kids' "firsts" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about blogging. It is such a great way to document their lives. Maddie is doing so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe she's 10 months! Both of my boys were late teethers, too! I love to read about your kids milestones - so keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sounds like she is growing too fast. Her and Tess are about on the same schedule for firsts, and thankfully, I documented Tess's on my blog. LOL

    Personally, I would skip the formula. I started Tess on whole milk at 10 months without any problems. I've seen recommendations that breastfed babies can start whole milk as early as 9 months. Check out Dr Hale.

    ReplyDelete